The course is affiliated to the Karnataka State Nursing Council, which was constituted in the year 1971 under the authority of Karnataka Nurses, Midwives & Health Visitors Act of 1961.
The First council was nominated by Government with different members representing various constituencies under section 3 of the Act, all together consisting of 22 members. The Council is an Autonomous Statutory Registration body for qualified Nurses, Midwives, ANM's and Health Visitors. Its function include besides others:-
- Regulation of training programme of the diploma, Graduate and Post Graduate Courses.
- Supervision of the practice of the profession by its Member.
- Granting recognition to the training institutions and periodical Inspection there on, as the Council is governing authority of physical and clinical facilities in almost all the nursing courses conducted in the institution.
- Proscribing syllabus and curriculum for various nursing courses and conducting qualifying examination there for.
- Registration and granting certificate to qualified persons to practice their profession and to watch and take action against practice of profession by quacks and check mal-practice as well and to take action.